Thursday 31 March 2011

I'll start with this amazing designer I found today; Michal Negrin


He creates some truly amazing items, from intricate jewellery and gorgeous prints for clothes to cute figurines and business card holders. If I had more money and wore pastel colours more I would definitely be buying a lot from him!

In other news, at college today I made some samples using the Shibori technique. The second one reminds me of the suckers on an octopus!

I liked the way they turned out, maybe I'll do some more next week. :) I also made a sample which we all agreed looked better as some kind of snazzy bracelet!
And thankfully, the latex sheeting I've been making had dried so I could then fashion part of it into some kind of bracelet/gauntlet thing. At the moment it reminds of Wonder Woman's indestructable bracelets, but hopefully when I decorate it, it will at least slightly resemble something that can be used in my final project. Will post more pictures upon completion!


Heather.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment